CareSouth is a private non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center that provides a comprehensive range of community-based medical, dental and behavioral health services. Our health center is guided by a consumer-majority volunteer board of directors whose mission is to provide comprehensive, high quality health care with compassion and respect for all.
Our experienced team provides a broad range of medical and dental services at our main location in Baton Rouge and in satellite clinics located in Donaldsonville and Plaquemine, Louisiana. CareSouth also provides onsite behavioral services in two Ascension Parish public schools.
CareSouth is certified by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home. CareSouth originally launched in 1997 as Capitol City Family Health Center (CCFHC), which it operated under until changing its name in April, 2016 to be more inclusive of the communities we serve.
- To listen to my patient’s questions and concerns to give appropriate response.
- To make the management and treatment plans for your condition easy to understand.
- To make sure all patients have a good understanding of all medications prescribed and their treatment plans and goals.
- To refer my patients as needed to a specialist as needed and to the nearest facility offering that service.
- To make sure my patients receive medical care when the office is open, by providing Same Day Appointments and information about Urgent Care Centers when the office is closed.
- To give disease-specific, written educational materials to assist in self-management.
- Same Day Appointments are Available and Walk-Ins are Available
- Care Coordinators assist with chronic disease management and referrals
- Health Educators provide individual attention to patients and assist with understanding and managing health conditions
- 12 hour Nurse Line to answer after hours health questions and to appropriately direct patients to appropriate levels of after-hours care.