Capitol City Family Health Center (CCFHC) is a private non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center that has provided a comprehensive range of community based medical, dental and behavioral health services for 18 years. The health center is guided by a consumer- majority volunteer board of directors with a mission is to provide comprehensive, high quality health care with compassion and respect for all. CCFHC provides medical services at its parent site in Baton Rouge and in satellite clinics located in Donaldsonville and Plaquemine, Louisiana. CCFHC also provides onsite behavioral services in two Ascension Parish public schools. CCFHC is certified by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Ryan White Department – Capital City Family Health Center currently provides comprehensive medical management fo HIV and related chronic conditions. These services are aimed to maintain health through wellness education, monitoring of disease progession with lab tests (viral load and T-cell), immunizations, and referrals to other medical specialists if appropiate. Additionally, we provide individual interventions to those who are having difficulty with adhering to their HIV treatment.
- To listen to my patient’s questions and concerns to give appropriate response.
- To make the management and treatment plans for your condition easy to understand.
- To make sure all patients have a good understanding of all medications prescribed and their treatment plans and goals.
- To refer my patients as needed to a specialist as needed and to the nearest facility offering that service.
- To make sure my patients receive medical care when the office is open, by providing Same Day Appointments and information about Urgent Care Centers when the office is closed.
- To give disease-specific, written educational materials to assist in self-management.
- Same Day Appointments are Available and Walk-Ins are Available
- Care Coordinators assist with chronic disease management and referrals
- Health Educators provide individual attention to patients and assist with understanding and managing health conditions
- 12 hour Nurse Line to answer after hours health questions and to appropriately direct patients to appropriate levels of after-hours care.
Operated by Brown’s Pharmacy, 340B discounted drugs are available to CCFHC patients for convenient access and fast service. Brown’s Pharmacy is open to the entire community.